Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Meaning of Failure

As we talked about what it means to be a failure, it was really interesting to see how the people in my class defined the word. Some thought not doing well on a school assignment constitutes as failing, while others said they usually shake those types of things off. Overall, everyone agreed that letting your parents down is the ultimate failure. My thoughts on "failing" at school have changed a lot over the course of this class, not just within the last week. It helps to know that more and more people are recognizing that just because you're bad at math, you're not necessarily bad at life. It has kind of lifted my confidence a little bit because I know that at least two of my teachers, the ones teaching this class, know that all of us have different strengths and weaknesses and don't see any of us as failures. In both school and life, this past week has taught me to embrace the things I'm bad at just as much as the things I'm good at and to use my "failures" as learning experiences to better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment